Company: Siemens Water Technologies Corp.
Location: Warrendale, PA
Req ID: 56042
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Required Education: Bachelors Degree
Required Travel: 25%
Taking Care of the World’s Water . . . . And Yours.
Siemens Water Technologies Corp. (formerly US Filter) provides customized water treatment solutions to municipalities, businesses, industries and institutions worldwide. Whether it’s systems for the treatment and reuse of wastewater, process water treatment for industry, high-purity water for sensitive medical or scientific applications, or systems to supply clean drinking water to people and their families, Siemens Water Technologies delivers cost-effective, reliable systems designed for quality, safety and compliance. For more information, please visit our website, www.water.siemens.com.
Sr. Buyer Position Reporting to Purchasing Manager
- Identify & resolve complex procurement-related problems by working with others and using own experiences/skills in this process.
- Prepare and send requests for quotations for project related products and services.
- Evaluate suppliers and quote packages received.
- Ability to negotiate commercial terms and participate in negotiations of technical terms.
- Place purchase orders, expedite and develop opportunities for and implements supplier contracts/agreements.
- Support corporate reporting requirements and commodity teams.
- Identify and develop productivity and cost improvement initiatives.
- Experience with ERP and Microsoft Office.
Assists Purchasing Manager with the following duties:
- Guidance & support of the purchasing staff.
- Development of training initiatives for equipment/products purchased.
- Help identify & implement business improvement initiatives.
- Work with Corporate Purchasing; sourcing on savings; reporting initiatives.
- BS in Business or Supply Chain with related purchasing experience.
- Prefer ISM Certification (CPM) or commitment to receive within two years.
Experience working with Applications & Project Engineers in a project environment. Specific examples will be discussed during an interview.
Experience purchasing high cost custom engineered equipment is a plus.
APPLY ONLINE AT: http://usa.siemens.com/searchjobs
Under "Search by Requisition ID", type in "56042" – then click "Search" – this will take you directly to this position.