Product Manager/Buyer in Missouri - BuyingJobs.com - Purchasing Job
- Governing selling prices through inventory and market trends.
- Keep up to date on products.
- Act as a “liaison” to sales people.
- Stay focused and aware of market trends.
- Encourage sales staff to “solution sell”.
- Establish all selling prices.
- Establishing market transaction prices through extensive research, monitoring current and future pricing, and following market trends.
- Managing inventory.
- Growing product line through extensive research.
- Developing product line expertise.
- Provide technical product instruction.
- Ability to analyze and determine data trends.
- Providing technical product instruction to sales staff including knowledge of how products can be used and how chemicals and materials interact with particular products, understanding the risks to better protect the customers.
- Profit/loss responsibility.
The following traits, background, experience and personal characteristics are required for the position: Education
- A Bachelors Degree in Business or Engineering is preferred.
Personal Characteristics It is important that the new Product Manager shares these values and work styles:
- Strong leadership, organization, planning, and time management skills.
- Enthusiastic, professional, and strong values and work ethics.
· The successful candidate should be self-motivated with the ability to work independently, and need minimum direction. · Desire, commitment and well-rounded business sense to grow into responsibilities. · Able to assess and take calculated risks, motivated by accountability and success. · Proven ability in building consensus and bottom line oriented.
- An innovative leader constantly exploring all opportunities for improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills and math skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to motivate others.
- Project management skills and the ability to effect positive change, solve problems and confront issues.
- Proactive, seek out opportunities.
- Maintains positive attitude.