Position is located in Grand Rapids, MI.
Candidates outside the GR area, will be required to relocate.
The individual selected for this position will be responsible for the sales and margin financial performance within the Sleepwear, Hosiery and Socks area of Softlines merchandising. They will develop assortment plans to meet category financial plans, utilize market trend analysis to determine assortment, select and analyze ad item events.
They will also assist in the development of store-specific plans and work with vendors and make product-buying decisions for assortment development.
The individual selected for this position should possess the following skills, knowledge and abilities:
* Bachelor's degree in Merchandising or commensurate retail experience
* At least two years of buying experience with Sleepwear, Hosiery and Socks
* The ability to execute product buying decisions regarding assortment, pricing, ad items selection
* Exceptional communication skills
* Buying, inventory or analysis experience preferred
* Keen sense of product trends
* Microsoft Office experience and ability to learn merchandising systems
* Enthusiasm, initiative and a passion for retail
* International travel will be required
If you have the experience described, log on to our website at www.meijer.com/employment and apply online. Please include your resume, cover letter, and salary history. From the Careers page, select "Salaried, Leadership or Corporate Office Positions" and then "Merchandising" and/or "Grand Rapids, MI" from the search options to view the job (Requisition # 2747). Providing Equal Opportunity to a Diverse Workforce